Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Seedlings Sprouting

My winter seedlings have started sprouting from my windowsill so I wanted to capture the very first to show up.



Stevia in a peat pot. This is quite expensive - I only got five seeds in a pack, compared to 50 or so for tomatoes. It also only lives a couple of years or so, so I'll have to try cuttings and things. If it works, it'll be a fun, useful pot plant, and would make a nice gift if I have spares.




Beetroot - the fastest to come up by far. The seeds were little clusters with multiple seeds, but I've only had two pairs and one single seedling. I haven't planted all the seeds yet, as there were only five (they were a free sample from a seed company, Gardenstuff).


Turns out that you can very gently pull the extra beetroot seedlings out (just don't hold it by the leaves!). There's an awful lot of root in there! I replanted them in another tray, just in case.


Crystal Apple cucumber! I actually thought that I hadn't put the seed in properly at first, before I realised that the plant was pushing it out.

You can't really see the seedling with the naked eye, but a really good close up photo with the flash on shows it really clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment